When a public authority proposes to sell an area of land that has been used as public open space it is required to follow a statutory process set out in S.123 of the Local Government Act 1972.

This process involves advertising the proposed disposal for two consecutive weeks in a local publication. Any objections or representations must then be formally considered.

Therefore you do have a right to object!

This is a different matter from the development. It is about the loss of open space and the more objections that are made, the more they might have to take notice. We need to get as many people as possible to write a letter objecting to the transfer of this green space into the hands of the developers.

You should write to:
Mr. Arshad Ahmed
Regeneration Property Officer
Barnet House
1255 High Road
N20 0EJ

Deadline is 31st October.

Please share with your neighbours.

%d bloggers like this: